Rustling up a pretext for a flight, I decided that I had volunteered to transport some vital McGuffin to the San Carlos Apache Reservation. I took one of the Barons I had parked at Cutter Aviation, and made my way VFR to the reservation and back.
The flight was pretty straightforward, conducted mostly by pilotage, using charts and the TAWS in the cockpit. I departed 26 and made a right downwind to intercept the 062 radial from PXR, then over the various lakes on the Salt River, then down along Roosevelt Lake and further on to the San Carlos Airport. I stayed at the airport overnight, then flew back out to Phoenix along the same route the next day. I then transported yet another McGuffin to the reservation, and turned around and flew right back out, this time all the way to Gila Bend.
Everything went very well, no problems at all. The Baron is easy to fly after you've made a couple flights in the 152 or 172. I'll probably doze off the next time I fly one of my 747s.
- ► 2010 (15)
- Phoenix - Sky Ranch - Wickenburg - Phoenix / Piper...
- Marcus (Ajo) - Phoenix / Piper Dakota (N9708W) / VFR
- Tucson - Ajo / Piper Dakota (N9708W) / VFR
- Lake Havasu - Phoenix / Piper Dakota (N9708W) / VFR
- Phoenix - Eagle Roost - Western Sky - Avi Suquilla...
- Phoenix - Prescott - Phoenix / Piper Dakota (N9708...
- Santa Monica - Palm Springs / Piper Dakota (N9715W...
- Phoenix - Carefree - Phoenix / Cessna 152 (N706YL)...
- Phoenix - Coolidge - Phoenix / Cessna 152 (N706YL)...
- Wickenburg - Phoenix / Cessna 152 (N706YL) / VFR
- Gila Bend - Phoenix / Beechcraft Baron 58 (N705TL)...
- Phoenix - San Carlos - Phoenix - San Carlos - Gila...
- Phoenix - Wickenburg / Cessna 152 (N706YL) / VFR
- Gila Bend - Phoenix / Cessna 152 (N706YL) / VFR
- Phoenix - Gila Bend / Cessna 152 (N706YL) / VFR
- Santa Paula - Big Bear / Beechcraft Baron 58 (N386...
- Cannes - Nice - Cannes / Cessna 152 (N801YL) / VFR
- ▼ September (17)