For some reason, I keep messing up when flying from Gila Bend to Phoenix. I confuse Highway 80 with Highway 85, and usually only after checking my heading and radial from GBN do I figure out that I'm going the wrong way. I'd get to I-10 eventually either way, but Highway 80 is the long way, and it's harder to follow. (In the sim, Highway 80 is a bit more obvious than Highway 85; in real life, they are very similar but 85 is busier.)
I eventually found my way, and from then on things went okay. Landing straight in on runway 8 was uneventful and extremely smooth, and I parked under one of those nice shady ramadas.
- ► 2010 (15)
- Phoenix - Sky Ranch - Wickenburg - Phoenix / Piper...
- Marcus (Ajo) - Phoenix / Piper Dakota (N9708W) / VFR
- Tucson - Ajo / Piper Dakota (N9708W) / VFR
- Lake Havasu - Phoenix / Piper Dakota (N9708W) / VFR
- Phoenix - Eagle Roost - Western Sky - Avi Suquilla...
- Phoenix - Prescott - Phoenix / Piper Dakota (N9708...
- Santa Monica - Palm Springs / Piper Dakota (N9715W...
- Phoenix - Carefree - Phoenix / Cessna 152 (N706YL)...
- Phoenix - Coolidge - Phoenix / Cessna 152 (N706YL)...
- Wickenburg - Phoenix / Cessna 152 (N706YL) / VFR
- Gila Bend - Phoenix / Beechcraft Baron 58 (N705TL)...
- Phoenix - San Carlos - Phoenix - San Carlos - Gila...
- Phoenix - Wickenburg / Cessna 152 (N706YL) / VFR
- Gila Bend - Phoenix / Cessna 152 (N706YL) / VFR
- Phoenix - Gila Bend / Cessna 152 (N706YL) / VFR
- Santa Paula - Big Bear / Beechcraft Baron 58 (N386...
- Cannes - Nice - Cannes / Cessna 152 (N801YL) / VFR
- ▼ September (17)